- Race participation will be limited to 220 boats with a formal wait list established for those who miss the cutoff.
- The Gibbs Hill Lighthouse Division now allows movable ballast, including canting keels.
- The “Cruiser” division has been renamed the “Finisterre Division” to recognize the extraordinary competition taking place there and to honor Carleton Mitchell’s legendary Finisterre. http://www.sailingworld.com/ra
- The Double-handed division now allows movable ballast, including canting keels.
- Minimum length for monohulls has been changed to LOA of 32.5 feet (LOA as defined by the ORR rating rule)
- For the first time ever Multihull’s will be welcomed to compete in the newly formed Multihull Division
Latest Bermuda Race News
August 26, 2020
No. 1 Competitor Bulletin: Race Start Date is June 17, 2022
The 52nd Thrash to the Onion Patch has a new chairman, and he’s announced the race start for the third Friday in June, in 22 months.
June 26, 2020
VIDEO: 2020 Online Newport Bermuda Race Prize-Giving, Hosted by Goslings Rum
Join Andrew Holmes of Goslings Rum, your host for the 2020 Newport Bermuda Race Prize-Giving Ceremony
June 24, 2020
Guest Blog: Hand Steering at Night
Putting his nav prep for the real race to good use, Sloan Burns sailed a fast and conservative course and finished second in the Double-Handed Division.