The Bermuda Race Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) public charity whose mission is to promote national and international amateur sports competition, to serve as the Organizing Authority for the biennial Newport Bermuda Race, and to provide vessel safety inspections, educational services and training for offshore sailing and safety at sea. In addition to organizing and conducting Safety at Sea training under the auspices of US Sailing and World Sailing, through the volunteers on its Bermuda Race Organizing Committee the Foundation screens potential vessel and crew participants, conducts pre-race vessel safety inspections, organizes and runs all aspects of the race, and is the Organizing Authority for the Newport Bermuda Race. Donations to the Bermuda Race Foundation are tax-deductible.
Major activities and initiatives of the Bermuda Race Foundation:
- Serves as the Organizing Authority for the Bermuda Race
- Conducts vessel safety inspections for entrants in the Bermuda Race
- Provides education and instruction for captains and crews as to the requirements for their vessel, equipment, and crews
- Provides US Sailing-certified Safety at Sea training for participants in offshore sailing and the Newport Bermuda Race
- Administers a Race Ambassador program to assist first-time captains in preparing for the Bermuda Race
- Educates participants about environmental stewardship and implements programs to make the Bermuda Race environmentally responsible
Support the Bermuda Race Foundation
You can support with a tax-deductible donation to the Foundation by giving online via credit card, by sending a check, or by funding your contributions with securities. Please fill out the form below for any of those methods and directions for payment or transfer will be provided. For questions regarding donations, contact email@example.com.