All are welcome to compete in the 2020 Online Newport Bermuda Race with Sailonline.org, starting on June 19th. This race will be a test of navigational and routing skills in a race simulation under the same conditions that the 2020 fleet would have sailed.
Registration is free into any of the four divisions, and depending on your choice, you'll compete in a one-design fleet against other sailors. Prizes will be awarded for top finishers in all divisions:
- Jeanneau Sun Fast 3300 (Double-Handed Division)
- Dehler 46 (St. David's Lighthouse Division)
- X-Yachts Xp 55 (Gibbs Hill Lighthouse Division)
- Italia 14.98 (Finisterre Division)
How it works
- To be eligible for prizes & receive race communications, you must register below and have a Sailonline.Org Username ready. If you don't already have an account with Sailonline.org, click here. We encourage you to register with your Boat Name (if there are more than one of crew members competing, add a first or last name to your username).
- Get familiar with the format by reading the Sailonline.Org Manual and watching the video below.
- Join our Online Race Webinars, hosted by US Sailing's "Starboard Portal" (dates TBA) to learn more from Sailonline experts on virtual racing.
- Create an account at Sailonline.org (and if you have any difficulties, contact firstname.lastname@example.org). Sail a practice race!
- Enter the Race at Sailonline.org anytime after it opens on June 11.
- Start the race at Sailonline.org on June 19, 1300 EDT
- Follow along on our website and social media for stories from fellow competitors around the world.
- Finish the race and attend the virtual awards ceremony with prizes hosted by Goslings Rum on June 27th.
About the Divisions & Virtual Boats
Offshore Email Address Submission
While the race is underway, the race committee will release announcements and rhumbline forecast from Commanders Weather twice a day (usually around 0800 and 1800).
Messages are released by three formats:
- low-bandwidth web page: www.bermudaraceadmin.com/notices.txt (note the ‘admin’ in url)
- By voicemail by dialing (+1) 401- 849- 3129.
- By email to addresses entered in the SailGate system and any submitted using the form below.
Remember to add the email addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list, especially if you use Gmail which may filter the race committee’s emails as promotional. To unsubscribe, follow the instructions at the bottom of the email you receive.
Get Social: Become an onboard reporter
As the start nears, all yachts are invited to designate an on-board media contact so our team can share your race-prep stories, blog posts and social media content with the race’s global audience.
Please send us your media contact information, blogs, and social media handles by emailing email@example.com or by submitting to our media form.